About Me

Charting the progresses and lessons learnt from each set of my "works" and self indulgence. Majoring in Photography and Digital Imaging Attempting to move away from the "photographer" to being an "Artist using photography and video"

Friday, July 27, 2012

Cheap Camera Still A Camera...


Recesky $50
Cheap but still Good


To be frank, I got this "Cheap" Lomo / Pinhole camera during the mist of a lecture.
All because of Gian : The need to buy something out of the yearn for one.
I blame it on a photo enthusiast classmate of mine that was sitting beside me.
After traveling over the China Seas and Three weeks of waiting, I finally saw the light of the camera.

Using a Lomo Slide 50-200
I wanted to give this TLR (Twin Lens Reflex) a try.
My goodess, 5mins with this I had a sore thumb trying to move the focusing lens.

Bring this film for developing, I really hoped to get an image out that I would be satisfied with. 
Who would know, that it turns out to also be my first film double exposure shot!

I standing at the void deck of a High Rise watching the birds fly pass.
Wanting to attempt a double exposure, I took a simple shot a building at the corner of the building.
Then I positioned the corner of the building at the bottom and waited for the bird.
THANK GOD, after a long wait one finally came by and WA LA. 




Using a TLR for the first time, it was definately not an easy task. 
The idea of having to compose from the mirror heads down and the movement took a while to get used to. However, the softness and somewhat unexpected  "Feeling" it creates is something that kept the shot  "Alive". All in all, its definately something that I would continue to explore. 

Thanks for reading :)




No comments: