About Me

Charting the progresses and lessons learnt from each set of my "works" and self indulgence. Majoring in Photography and Digital Imaging Attempting to move away from the "photographer" to being an "Artist using photography and video"

Monday, July 30, 2012

I was at UBIN



“Photographs will offer indisputable evidence that the trip was made, that the program was carried out, that fun was had”
Susan Sontag


In many ways, photography was opened up a new vision and perspective to people.
However, it was gives an impression that something does exist and is “Present” in that time and space. Question is, how can we use this “Present” Objects / Scenes to create something NEW.
Holding on to my new film camera, my girlfriend and I decided to take a trip down to a Island around the isle of Singapore called Pulau Ubin. Armed with just a bicycle and the camera we went around the island taking in the view and serenity not seen in the busy Singapore island. While she was there practicing “framing” - She’s a Film Major Student,
I was there looking to practice my exposure on film as well and double exposure compositions.







The thing about film is how it never fails to surprise you. 
Unlike the DSLR, you an’y bend your head down after ever shot to check if you “GOT IT!”
And considering that it was my first time using this new form of manual focus, it was hard for me to “GET IT!” However, after developing I was surprised to get a couple of interesting and planned shots. THANK GOD!


All in all, it was definitely not easy to get the focus on a film.
However, one thing it definitely does is train us to view things from angles outside of a DSLR.
Instead, we hunt for angles that we know is different.
After all, with just 36 Frames we only want the best in it.





No comments: